Beach Community Development District
Established in 2007 Located in Duval County, Florida
Beach Community Development District (“District”) is an independent special district, created pursuant to and existing under the provisions of Chapter 190, Florida Statutes, and established by the City of Jacksonville Council’s approval of Ordinance No. 2007-170-E on March 26, 2007. The District encompasses approximately 782.13 gross acres of land located entirely within the boundaries of the City of Jacksonville in Duval County, Florida. It is located east of Kernan Boulevard, south of Atlantic Boulevard, west of Hodges Boulevard, and north of Beach Boulevard.
This independent special district is a local unit of special government, created under Florida law, which has constructed and is responsible for the maintenance of certain improvements, infrastructure and facilities within the District. In accordance with applicable federal and state law, all District owned improvements, infrastructure and facilities are and shall remain open and accessible to the general public.
DISTRICT INFRASTRUCTURE AND PROPERTY
DISTRICT ANNUAL BUDGETS
DISTRICT ANNUAL NON-AD VALOREM ASSESSMENTS
FISCAL YEAR 2019
FISCAL YEAR 2018
AUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
As the District’s audited financial statements are prepared by an independent auditor, and accepted by the Board, we will post them on the website for your information. If you are interested in an audit for a previous fiscal year, please contact the District Office. For more information on audits, please visit http://www.myflorida.com/audgen/.
The Board adopts the budget each year in accordance with a process outlined in the Florida Statutes. Each Fiscal Year runs from October 1 to September 30. The Board will first approve a proposed budget in the spring and will provide it to Duval County at least 60 days before the budget hearing, at which time the Board will adopt the final budget and levy the resulting non-ad valorem assessments.
- Fiscal Year 2018 Proposed O&M Budget
- Fiscal Year 2018 Proposed Debt Service Budget
- Fiscal Year 2018 Adopted O&M Budget
- Fiscal Year 2018 Adopted Debt Service Budget
- Fiscal Year 2019 Proposed Debt Service Budget
- Fiscal Year 2019 Proposed O&M Budget
- Fiscal Year 2019 Adopted Debt Service Budget
- Fiscal Year 2019 Adopted O&M Budget
- Fiscal Year 2020 Proposed Debt Service Budget 2015A
- Fiscal Year 2020 Proposed O&M Budget
- Fiscal Year 2020 Adopted Debt Service Budget
- Fiscal Year 2020 Adopted O&M Budget
ADDITIONAL DISTRICT DOCUMENTS
- Ordinance 2018-661-E Establishing the District
- Ordinance 2007-170-E, Establishing the District
- Fiscal Year 2019 Assessment Schedule
- Fiscal Year 2020 Assessment Schedule
- Fiscal Year 2019 Meeting Schedule
- Fiscal Year 2020 Meeting Schedule
- Community Update – January 2018
- District’s boundaries map
Florida Law requires that the District publish an annual meeting schedule for the fiscal year one time in a newspaper of general circulation in Duval County. The Board may decide to cancel or reschedule any of its meetings, or add meetings or workshops as items of business dictate. These new meetings will be advertised in the newspaper at least seven (7) days in advance, and agendas are available on the website a week prior to the meeting.
Board of Supervisors
October 11, 2019
January 10, 2020
April 10, 2020
July 10, 2020
Beach Community Development District will hold their meetings for the 2019 Fiscal Year at the offices of ICI Homes 14785 Old St. Augustine Rd, Suite 3, Jacksonville, FL 32258, at 10:30 a.m
PFM GROUP CONSULTING LLC.
PFM Group Consulting LLC has extensive experience providing consulting and management services to special districts located throughout Florida. Our firm provides services at every stage of a district’s life from establishment to full development. We offer Financial Advisory Services and District Management Services (including Administrative Services, Accounting, Minutes and Public Records Services, and Lien Book & Tax Roll Services) to over 50 CDDs throughout the state of Florida.
Levels of service of program operations within the District are directly related to the annual operating budget. Program services include:
- Community appearance
- Recreational facilities
- Street lighting
- Infrastructure administration
During the fiscal year staff monitors the budget to maintain operational efficiency. During the annual budget process staff reviews what was budgeted against what was actually spent, and recommends increases and decreases in service levels. The Board of Supervisors, with input from the public, reviews staff’s proposals and has the final decision for the budget constraints that will determine the levels of service. The budget process typically begins in the spring and concludes in the summer, after a public hearing to ensure resident participation. Staff actions are directly related to those restrictions placed within the annual operations and maintenance budget for each fiscal year.
The District Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Mandatory – This service is required either by regulatory permit or other specific requirements.
- Essential – Those program services funded above the mandatory level and considered important to the residents.
- Discretionary – Those services funded and which can be reviewed for sufficiency, based on service commitment by the community and the cost of the service being provided.
Beach Community Development District
Wesley Haber of Hopping Green & Sams, P.A.
119 South Monroe Street, Suite 300
Tallahassee, FL 32301
DISTRICT RECORDS CUSTODIAN
PFM Group Consulting LLC.
12051 Corporate Blvd
Orlando, FL 32817
[contact-form-7 id=”5207″ title=”Contact form 1″]